At what age do you graduate to adulthood?
At what age is it inappropriate to blow bubbles in your drinks, to make a fort out of blankets and to wear your pajamas out of the house?
I am twenty three and often share common amusement with my niece (six) and nephew (three) does this mean I am immature for my age or simply have the ability to toy with my inner child?
I have worked since I was fourteen, been through school and college whilst working full time I have done the mundane activities and anticipate having to do this for the foreseeable future so who says I can't drink strawberry milk whilst wrapped under a pirate blanket?
When did it become acceptable to stop letting children be children?
Children at the age of seven own a mobile phone and/or iPad what happened to playing in the park, coming home covered head to toe in mud. We moan that the younger generation rely on materialistic objects and don't understand the simple pleasures in life, but has anyone actually looked at this properly and started blaming themselves? If you don't want a child spending six hours a day on an Xbox the solution is simple, don't buy them one, if you don't want your children singing along to crude songs don't let them listen to them.
Or if it is easier these days to sit your child down in front of Black Ops or Eminem then don't expect any better from them.
You want children to be children the answer is simple let them.
However until you do so i'll be sitting under the fort I've just made blowing bubbles in my milk.
You may not allow them to relish in the simplicities of childhood but good luck stopping me.

No comments:
Post a Comment