Sunday, 13 January 2013

To cheat or not to cheat and the realisation that you may be the only faithful one at the party (metaphorically and literally.)


Being unfaithful is for me a cardinal sin (a serious error of judgement.)

Now for those who have been hibernating in a love filled room for the past decade or so; did you know that nowadays most marriages end in divorce?? A disturbing and truthful fact. Now I am sure that this is for a multitude of sins and isn't just because someone deemed it a good idea to open their legs to someone who wasn't their partner. However I bet that is a strong contender in the top ten reasons for divorce.

It may sound simple but here is my view ;

If you not only love someone but want to be with someone the answer is simple, love them and be with them.

If you are thinking about someone else then the chances are you really aren't that committed. In this day and age where a divorce is a right of passage it is going to take hard work and dedication to keep a marriage together. But surely that's what you do? I refer to the picture below and what the women says;

"We were born in a time when if something was broken we would fix it, not throw it away."

My grandparents were married for 50+ years, they argued like anyone else? She was the worst front passenger on a car journey and insisted he was going in the wrong direction all the time (he usually was) and he was the stereotypical grumpy old man that fell asleep as soon as he sat down. They would shout at each other; he would call her a stupid old woman whilst she called him a stupid old man but they loved each other, it was plain to see the admiration they felt for one another and if I aspire for anything in life it is that.
When my grandmother passed away the pain I felt was unbearable but the pain I felt when looking at my grandfather with tears rolling down his face was even worse, in that single moment I saw that they had done exactly what the woman in the picture says, they didn't give up at the first hurdle or run away at the first argument they stood strong with one another and fought the battles together as a team.

So why would I settle for any less? I want to look back on life with the man I love and recall our adventures, our ups and downs, our laughter, our tears and our family.

So when I reach a fork in the road with temptation being on one side and hope on the other I already know which path I will choose.


"Hope is a waking dream" Aristotle


No comments:

Post a Comment